Translate

Monday, July 16, 2012

#NERD# ?


For all those dumb people in this world who need the correct definition of a *NERD*

This post is to clarify to all those dumb, people lacking knowledge and novices who think that studying or getting good marks/grades/ranks makes one a *NERD*. First, I would like to condemn and contradict my opponents, one of them, being the Oxford English dictionary, referring to the Oxford English Dictionary,
 A nerd is an unfashionable person who is obsessed with a particular subject or interest.
Well, did any of you, readers see the word, books, or studies, here?? Well, I didn’t. But, of course, if someone is obsessed with books, it could include a wide variety of books like fiction, subject books, etc, I guess you must be more aware of the different types of books available in this world, and I guess, Oxford should spare a thought to the fact that Scientists and technologists in this world are continuously researching into different fields of Science and Technology, of course they are obsessed with their own field of research, but it is their researches that are giving rise to the different types of modern devices and facilities that we use today. Those facilities and objects that make all those dumb people feel “cool” were actually thought of and developed by these so-called “nerds,” who were so-called obsessed with their own field of research. I guess, Scientists/technologists are not nerds, in fact, they are “a group of superbly intelligent, hard-working and great people who deserve the credit of making all the well-developed devices that we are using now-a-days. And, still, if those novices want me to state examples, here you go: First, Steven Paul Jobs, or, as he is popularly referred to, as “Steve Jobs.” This man, in my opinion, is a genius. Founder, Apple Inc. was not a joke, I guess, and, plus, many of those idiots, who proudly hold an iPhone, iPod, iPad, showing off their fashionable nature and think that they are cool; All those devices were the brainchild of this man, and, well, it wouldn’t be wrong to say that he is “obsessed” with technology or his company, but that doesn’t make him a nerd, does it?? In fact, many of those iPhone/iPad/iPod owners who oppose me, must be grateful to him. I guess, that was more than enough and, if you still didn’t get my point, either you are brainless and blind or you have brains and are unable to use them are in immediate need of a psychoanalysis. But, as I am very understanding and sensitive, I shall ask you, dumbass, to spare a thought for your parents, who are working for different firms, and they must be working really hard to feed you and buy you objects of the latest fashion, they work hard and are obsessed with their work, but are they nerds?? Obviously not.
Now, moving on to the first part of the definition, nerds are unfashionable. Now, what does Oxford mean by unfashionable?? Unfashionable, as a word has a wide range of meaning. For some sections of society, unfashionable is to carry an iPhone with iPhone OS 3.1.3 while carrying an iPhone with iOS 4 is being fashionable, well, in this manner, some months/years later, iPhone 4 will also become an old model… In this trend, don’t you think that almost every person in this world is unfashionable. Fashion changes almost every six months, and we can’t change our car, refrigerator, phones, every six months… I have recently seen a new trend and craze in people to buy antique cars, or cars that were used decades and centuries back. Well, if you ask me, spending unbelievably more than what is required on a car that does not have those facilities that modern-day cars give you at much cheaper rates is useless and not worth it. And those people buying these grotesque antique cars are definitely violating the definition of being fashionable, and these are the people who are extremely rich and call themselves fashionable on other grounds. And, do I need to tell Oxford that fashion changes every six months or one year, and a large section of this society cannot afford buying a new phone, new technological devices every six months or one year, is because they have a limited source of income, but all of them cannot be called nerds, can they?? According to me, they cannot. It is because they are not as well-off as you and me that they can buy a computer, get an internet connection and view this post. These people are not fashionable but they aren’t nerds.
So, folks, in my opinion, ”NERD” does not deserve to be an English word, worthy of being in the Oxford English dictionary, and I would love if someone could convey my message to Oxford.
I would now like to take upon a very childish meaning of “NERD” that is referred to, by my idiotic friends and colleagues in school. This is a very confined meaning, and as I just condemned the universal meaning above, I don’t think this is going to be difficult for me.
My friends and colleagues in school believe-
A nerd is a person who studies all the time.
Now, I believe this definition has somewhat originated from the previous definition, as someone who is obsessed with studying. But, if you ask me, I won’t call such people nerds, rather I would call them hard-working. Well, the reason being, if you think practically, nobody can study all the time, every person in this world takes breaks and does other activities, sleeping being the most important of them. And even if someone does study a lot, it is because he might have pressures from his/her family, personal problems and restrictions, and instead of being supportive, those idiots are calling them a nerd, that discourages these hard-working people in doing what they are very well doing. And frankly, if you ask me, virtually nobody on this planet is a nerd.
In my opinion, nerd, as an English word, should be discarded.
I wish, and I hope, that after reading this post, your thoughts on what a nerd is, might have changed, and if they didn’t, as it is, go for a psychoanalysis.
Any more new definitions of a nerd are most welcome, I love contradicting people, and their theories and definitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment